How good is goat milk?
So just how good is goat milk?
1. Goat milk is the most complete food known, according to the Journal of American Medicine. It is a complete protein, containing all of life’s essential amino acids. So this means, if you were stranded in a blizzard, on a desert island, or on top of a remote mountaintop and all you had were your dairy goats, you would live and thrive! That’s how good goat milk is.
2. It only takes your body 30 minutes to digest goat milk. It takes around 120 minutes for your body to digest cow milk! So this means, goat milk is digested faster and easier, producing quicker energy. Energy drink anyone? That’s how good goat milk is.
3. Fat molecules in goat’s milk are smaller when compared with those in cow’s milk. So this means that goat’s milk is more easily digested by those with dairy sensitivities or milk allergies. It is estimated that 20 – 40% of people with milk allergies do NOT react to goat milk. So you can have your milk and drink it too! That’s how good goat milk is.
4. Not only is goat milk a source of essential amino acids, but it is also a great source of minerals and vitamins. Which ones you ask? Well, it contains 33% of your recommended daily value of calcium. In one cup! It also contains substantial amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, zinc, and selenium. It’s a great source of vitamins A, C, D, and B2. Drink up! That’s how good goat milk is.
5. Lastly, goat milk contains prebiotics. What is a prebiotic? It’s basically food for the good bacteria that helps to maintain a healthy digestive system. And, then, get some of our goat milk kefir that supplies you with the probiotics! Probiotics are living strains of bacteria that add to the population of good bacteria in your gut. Here’s to good gut health! That’s how good goat milk is.